Everything You Need to Become an Indiana Notary, All in One Place
Welcome to the American Association of Notaries. Since 1994, we've helped hundred of thousands of people
in Indiana and across the country become notaries. With our guidance and expertise, you will become
a skilled Indiana notary capable of providing accurate and efficient notarial services.
That is our mission.
The American Association of Notaries is the only source you need to become an Indiana notary. We can assist you with:
What Our Indiana Customers Say
You've got a great company. What I saw on the website was exactly what I got. The quality of the merchandise surpassed what I expected. Plus, you gave me a free downloadable booklet AND free membership for a year. So, I commend you guys and thank you for a terrific experience.
I was so impressed by my notary stamp when I received it from your company today by UPS! I tried another place for my stamp, but was fooled by their advertisement that in all intents and purposes gave the impression of my requested notary stamp being included in the deal, but when received, I realized it was not--I got an embosser for my money, a lot to say the least. When I called to confirm, they stated it did not come with the order. I asked: "I guess I have to use my notary skills for now on if I ever intended on using your company again." It was truly a sad experience, until I bought from you!
I, too, am writing because when I opened the package, which got to the house in good condition, I noticed a letter inside stating my membership and the card was enclosed. When I looked for the card it was not in the package received from you. I would be grateful to your sending me the card so I can activate my membership online, ASAP! I hope I may receive some time in the near future from you.
Thanks for the "incredible experience of my buying from you..."
Thanks so very much for the stellar service I received with my initial order! My order was received accurately and within 24 hours even though it was during holiday season. I (and especially my client) can't thank you enough and will share my experience often.
I wanted to e-mail you guys and compliment your staff on excellent service. Very fast and professional from start to finish. Made sure everything was correct and I appreciate it. I will make sure all my future notary needs are obtained from American Association of Notaries. Very pleased with my purchase. Thank You
Shaun B. Morton
It amazes me how fast you get my orders out. Most places I’ve waited a couple weeks just for the Item to be shipped.
Thank you for sending the supplies so promptly. I look forward to my membership with you
Thank you for all of your help! I received my seal, embosser, and journal this afternoon (Friday) and all look correct.
Have a signature day!
Thank you for the quick turnaround on my recent order. Your web site was easy to use, the instructions for ordering were easy to follow, the payment process was flawless, and I received my order within five days. I appreciate it all.
Just completed the course over the weekend. Thanks for offering it! It will be a nice supplement to my legal academics.
Thank you for your prompt response to my request. I have theWestern Surety documents (the rider and POA). Your service has been excellent. I shall use your company in future and will highly recommend your firm to whomever I can. Thank you again for your excellent service.
Shop Our Indiana Notary Supplies
Our notary stamps conform to Indiana notary law requirements and are manufactured in-house using only the highest-quality materials.Shop
All of our Indiana notary seal embossers are laser engraved and require minimal effort to produce sharp raised notary seal impressions.Shop
The AAN is one of the nation's top providers of quality notary supplies. We offer a lifetime warranty on all of our notary supplies.Shop
Our notary journals are easy to use and conform to Indiana notary laws. Every notary supplies order includes a free e-notary guide.Shop
Informational Indiana Notary Articles
How to Become an Indiana Notary:
Compared to other states, Indiana has few eligibility requirements to become a notary. The process is simple and affordable (from $75.00) for an eight-year Indiana notary term. To become a notary in Indiana, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be an Indiana resident or employed in Indiana
- Not have been convicted of a crime
- Never have had a civil ruling made against you for deceit, dishonesty or fraud
- Have not served more than six month in jail
If you meet these qualification requirements, follow the steps below to become an Indiana notary.
- Complete an online notary course (required by Indiana notary law). All first time Indiana notary applicants are required to take an educational course and pass a notary exam. The State of Indiana offers a course free of charge at their website. Click here to take the notary course.
- Order an eight-year, $25,000 Indiana notary bond. The state requires that all first-time Indiana notary applicants be bonded during the eight-year term of their Indiana notary commission. Click here to purchase a notary bond.
- Complete an Indiana notary application online. The State of Indiana requires all notary applicants to complete a notary application on their website and pay a non-refundable application fee of $18.75 at the end of the application process. Click here to start the Indiana notary application.
- Order a notary stamp and a notary journal. Once approved as an Indiana notary, mail us a copy of the notary commission certificate so we can prepare your notary stamp and other notary supplies that you have orders.
Indiana notary bonds and errors and omissions insurance policies provided by this insurance agency, the American Association of Notaries, Inc., are underwritten by Western Surety Company (established 1900). Kal Tabbara is a licensed insurance agent in Indiana.